October 13 – November 14
BEAR is thrilled to share that we were accepted to participate in this year’s Birdies for Charity Program!
What Is Birdies For Charity®?
Birdies for Charity®, presented by THINK Neurology for Kids, is a fundraising program designed to give local charities the opportunity to generate contributions through the Houston Open. 100% of your donations to the program go directly to the charity of your choice. Please support BEAR’s impactful programs through a Birdies for Charity Program donation, OR by making a pledge per birdie. The top fifteen organizations that collect the highest total of donations and four randomly drawn organizations have the opportunity to receive an additional bonus. The #1 ranked charity will receive a bonus donation of $25,000. We thank you for participating in this fun event and helping BEAR win the bonus of $25,000 in support of the abused and neglected children we serve.
HOW CAN I PARTICIPATE IN BIRDIES FOR CHARITY®?
Starting July 14, there are two ways to donate to the Birdies for Charity program presented by THINK Neurology for Kids.
1. Make a pledge of one cent or more for every “Birdie” made by the PGA Tour Pros during the Houston Open. If 1,500 birdies are made during the 2021 event, here are the totals for some typical pledge amounts:
- 1 cent pledge = $15 total pledge
- 3 cent pledge = $45 total pledge
- 10 cent pledge = $150 total pledge
- $1.00 pledge = $1,500 total pledge
The minimum birdie pledge is $.01 and the maximum pledge is $1.00.
- In 2019, 1,244 birdies were made
- In 2020, 1,221 birdies were made
2. Make a flat donation not tied to birdies. For flat donations, the minimum is $20.
You are eligible to enter our “Guess the Birdie” contest when you donate or make a pledge to one of our local charities. Guess the total number of birdies that will be made by PGA TOUR Pros during the Houston Open, Nov. 11-14, 2021. One grand prize will be given to the person who guesses the correct number. In case of ties, winners will be randomly selected. One lucky supporter of the Houston Open Birdies for Charity®, presented by THINK Neurology for Kids program will win an Astros Suite Night at Minute Maid Park.
Click here to participate in the Birdies for Charity Program in support of BEAR!
If you have any questions, please reach out to BEAR staff at (713)-274-9856