BEARing Gifts provides holiday gifts to children under the care of CPS who otherwise would have no holiday cheer at all. Donors are able to sponsor a child, make a donation and/or volunteer at the BEARing Gifts warehouse. BEAR was able to secure gifts for more than 11,000 children in 2017.
You can help through sponsoring a specific child or children, organizing a holiday gift drive, and by giving funds to help BEAR purchase holiday gifts. If you would like to donate monetarily to the overall program, simply click the ‘DONATE TODAY’ button at the bottom of the page to get started. IMPORTANT: if you donate in-kind items to BEAR, please make sure to complete an in-kind form (available at the bottom of this page).
Shop on Amazon!
Interested in contributing to this year’s program in a different way? Consider shopping on our Amazon wishlist! When you buy from this list, items arrive directly at our office, where they will be immediately distributed in our warehouse for BEARing Gifts. Click here to start shopping today!
*If you use Amazon Smile when shopping, be sure to find BEAR as your charity of choice! We are located under our founding name: ‘Partners for Harris County Children Inc.’ Click here to access the list: Amazon Wishlist
Sponsor a Child
If you would like to sponsor a child or children, please call us at (713)-274-9857 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. New this year: you are now able to SIGN UP to sponsor children using this easy form: BEARing Gifts Sponsorship Form!
Host a Toy Drive
Provide holiday cheer to several children by hosting a general holiday toy drive and delivering them to the BEAR warehouse by the due date. Please click and complete this online form if you are interested in hosting a toy drive: BEARing Gifts Toy Drive Form
*IMPORTANT: if you donate to BEAR, please make sure to complete an in-kind form (available at the bottom of this page).
Below are some ideas for gifts per age range:
- NB-12 Months: Nursery Toys, Teething Toys, Interactive Learning Toys (musical, counting, spelling, speech), Ride-On Toys, Sit-To-Stand Walkers, Activity Blankets, Soft Building Blocks
- Toddlers: Interactive Learning Toys, Toy Trucks/Cars, Action Figures/Dolls (and accessories), Costume/Dress Up Items, Sports Equipment (all types), Board Games, Puzzles, Bikes, Scooters, Handheld Games, Building Blocks/Legos, Stuffed Animals, Play Food/Dishes
- Children *up to 12 years old: Action Figures/Dolls, Bikes, Scooters, Sports Equipment (all types), Tween Make-Up Sets, Arts and Crafts Kits, Science/Discovery Kits, Board Games, Puzzles, Legos, Electronic Hand-Held Games, Portable DVD Players, Remote Control Cars/Helicopters
- Teenagers: Tablets, MP3 Players/iPods, Wireless Headphones, Portable DVD Players, Digital Cameras, Make-Up/Beauty Kits, Nail Polish Kits, Bath & Body Sets, Jewelry Items (all genders), Bikes, Skateboards, Cologne/Perfume Sets, Purses or Backpacks, Wallets
- *You can also access the above information via this Toy Drive flyer (BEARing Gifts Toy Drive: Gift Ideas)
BEARing Gifts needs volunteers during the month of December each year. 2018 volunteer opportunities will begin Tuesday, November 27, and last until Wednesday, December 19th! Click here for additional schedule information and/or how to participate. You are also able to SIGN UP online using THIS ONLINE FORM! This is a great opportunity for individuals, families and organizations to get involved.
Thanks again for helping make a child’s holiday wish come true!
In-Kind Form available here.