BEARing Gifts, BEAR’s largest program, provides brand-new holiday gifts to children under the care of CPS…children who otherwise may experience no holiday joy at all. Donors are able to sponsor a child or children by purchasing the gifts he/she requests, host a toy drive, donate monetarily to the program so BEAR can purchase requested toys, and/or volunteer their time at BEAR’s warehouse. Thanks to the dedication of the Houston community, BEAR has been able to successfully provide, on average, over 10,000 children with new Christmas gifts each year.
2020 Program Information
The 2020 program has officially ended! It was truly not possible, however, without this year’s Holiday Hero Program Sponsors (below), who made a tremendous impact on the children we serve through their selfless participation!
Different Ways to Get Involved
If you would like to donate monetarily to the overall program, simply click here or the graphic above to get started, and designate ‘BEARing Gifts’ as your program of choice. IMPORTANT: if you donate in-kind items to BEAR, please make sure to complete an In-Kind Gift Form and mail/scan it back to BEAR.
Sponsor a Child
2021 wishlists dates will be available in the fall.
IMPORTANT UPDATE: The opportunity to sponsor a child for this year’s program is now closed. Thank you for your participation!
Interested in contributing to this year’s program in a different way? Consider shopping on our Amazon wishlist! When you buy from this list, items arrive directly at our office, where they will be immediately distributed in our warehouse for BEARing Gifts. Please be sure to include your name and address so we can acknowledge your donation accordingly!
*If you use Amazon Smile when shopping, be sure to find BEAR as your charity of choice to double your impact!
Provide holiday cheer to children by hosting a general holiday toy drive and delivering them to the BEAR warehouse (3572 E TC Jester Blvd, Houston, TX 77018) by the due date. Click HERE to register your toy drive. Should you have any questions about hosting a toy drive, kindly call us at (713)-274-9856.
*IMPORTANT: if you donate to BEAR, please make sure to complete an In-Kind Gift Form so we can appropriately thank you!
Below are some ideas for gifts per age range:
- NB-12 Months: Nursery Toys, Teething Toys, Interactive Learning Toys (musical, counting, spelling, speech), Ride-On Toys, Sit-To-Stand Walkers, Activity Blankets, Soft Building Blocks
- Toddlers: Interactive Learning Toys (VTECH/Leapfrog), Toy Trucks/Cars, Action Figures/Dolls (and accessories), Costume/Dress-Up Items, Sports Equipment (all types), Board Games, Puzzles, *Bikes, Scooters, Building Blocks/Legos, Stuffed Animals, Play Food/Dishes
- Children (up to 11 years old): Action Figures/Dolls, *Bikes, Scooters, Sports Equipment (all types), Tween Make-Up Sets, Arts and Crafts Kits, Science/Discovery Kits, Board Games, Puzzles, Legos, Portable DVD Players, Remote Control Cars/Helicopters
- Children 12+: Tablets, Portable DVD Players, Bluetooth Headphones, Portable Speakers, Digital/Instant Cameras (with refills), Make-Up/Beauty Kits, Nail Polish Kits, Bath & Body Sets, Jewelry Items (both genders), *Bikes, Skateboards, Cologne/Perfume Sets, Purses or Backpacks, Wallets, Sports Equipment (all types)
- *Bikes = please ensure they are not assembled and are still in the box!
- All of this information is also available by clicking here –> BEARing Gifts Toy Drive Flyer
Additional Drop Off Locations & Extended Hours
Thanks to our very generous partners at Tide Cleaners, you are welcome to drop off new toys, or even *completed sponsored gifts at all of their Houston locations! Click HERE to see locations and hours of operation. Additionally, our incredible partners at KSBJ have also arranged drop-off events at various Kroger locations throughout the city. Visit KSBJ’s Christmas website or KSBJ Drop-Off Events to see the Kroger locations and to learn more drop-off information.
*Completed sponsored gift = the gifts you purchased are securely taped together with packing tape, with the child’s wish card visibly attached. Please do not drop off any incomplete sponsored gifts at Tide locations.
BEAR warehouse hours of operation are Monday-Friday 9am-4pm, starting November 30th. There will also be extended hours/dates on:
- Thursday, December 3rd – BEAR will be open until 6:30pm
- Saturday, December 5th – BEAR will be open 10am-1pm
- Tuesday, December 8th – BEAR will be open until 6:30pm
- Thursday, December 10th – BEAR will be open until 6:30pm
- Saturday, December 12th – BEAR will be open 10am-3pm
- Monday, December 14th – BEAR will be open until 6:30pm
- Wednesday, December 16th – BEAR will be open until 6:30pm
To ensure the safety of our volunteers is a top priority, there are select volunteer dates available that are limited to groups no larger than 10. To view the available slots, visit THIS LINK. All volunteers that assist in the warehouse must complete this COVID-19 Consent Form before doing so. We appreciate your time, understanding, and cooperation!
Thank you again for helping make a child’s holiday wish come true!
*Should excess funds be raised after this year’s program concludes, said funds will then be used to purchase vital resources as a part of our BEAR Necessities Program, which operates year-round and provides thousands of children with everyday essentials they may need while under the supervision of Child Protective Services. This is the program that serves the most children in our community (over 14,000 annually), and is the cornerstone on which BEAR was founded. We appreciate your support and understanding; if you have any questions, kindly contact us at (713)-274-9850.