BEARing Gifts, BEAR’s largest program, provides brand-new holiday gifts to children under the care of CPS…children who otherwise may experience no holiday joy at all. Donors are able to sponsor a child or children by purchasing the gifts he/she requests, host a toy drive, donate monetarily to the program so BEAR can purchase requested toys, and/or volunteer their time at BEAR’s warehouse. Thanks to the dedication of the Houston community, BEAR has been able to successfully provide, on average, over 10,000 children with new Christmas gifts each year.
You can help through sponsoring a specific child or children, organizing a holiday gift drive, and by giving funds to help BEAR purchase holiday gifts. If you would like to donate monetarily to the overall program, simply click the ‘Click here to Donate!’ button below OR scan the QR code to get started, and designate ‘BEARing Gifts’ as your program of choice. Don’t forget to select how you heard about us so Orangetheory donations are tracked correctly! IMPORTANT: if you donate in-kind items to BEAR, please make sure to complete an In-Kind Form and mail/scan it back to BEAR.
Shop on Amazon!
Interested in contributing to this year’s program in a different way? Consider shopping on our Amazon wishlist! When you buy from this list, items arrive directly at our office, where they will be immediately distributed in our warehouse for BEARing Gifts. The 2019 Amazon list is available here: http://a.co/0kDR6wx
*If you use Amazon Smile when shopping, be sure to find BEAR as your charity of choice!
Sponsor a Child
If you would like to sponsor a child or children, please SIGN UP to do so using this easy form: BEARing Gifts Sponsorship Form! Questions? Call us at (713)-274-9850 or send an email to Richard.Hahn@cps.hctx.net.
Host a Toy Drive
Provide holiday cheer to children by hosting a general holiday toy drive and delivering them to the BEAR warehouse (3572 E TC Jester Blvd, Houston, TX 77018) by the due date, Wednesday, December 11, 2019. Donations can be dropped off at the warehouse M-F 8am-4pm. Should you have any questions about hosting a toy drive, kindly contact Merri Hahn at Merri.Hahn2@dfps.state.tx.us or (713)-274-9856.
*IMPORTANT: if you donate to BEAR, please make sure to complete an In-Kind Form so we can appropriately thank you!
Below are some ideas for gifts per age range:
- NB-12 Months: Nursery Toys, Teething Toys, Interactive Learning Toys (musical, counting, spelling, speech), Ride-On Toys, Sit-To-Stand Walkers, Activity Blankets, Soft Building Blocks
- Toddlers: Interactive Learning Toys (VTECH/Leapfrog), Toy Trucks/Cars, Action Figures/Dolls (and accessories), Costume/Dress-Up Items, Sports Equipment (all types), Board Games, Puzzles, *Bikes, Scooters, Building Blocks/Legos, Stuffed Animals, Play Food/Dishes
- Children (up to 11 years old): Action Figures/Dolls, *Bikes, Scooters, Sports Equipment (all types), Tween Make-Up Sets, Arts and Crafts Kits, Science/Discovery Kits, Board Games, Puzzles, Legos, Portable DVD Players, Remote Control Cars/Helicopters
- Children 12+: Tablets, Portable DVD Players, Bluetooth Headphones, Portable Speakers, Digital/Instant Cameras (with refills), Make-Up/Beauty Kits, Nail Polish Kits, Bath & Body Sets, Jewelry Items (both genders), *Bikes, Skateboards, Cologne/Perfume Sets, Purses or Backpacks, Wallets, Sports Equipment (all types)
- *Bikes = please ensure they are not assembled and are still in the box!
- All of this information is also available by clicking here –> BEARing Gifts: Toy Drive Ideas
BEARing Gifts needs volunteers during the month of December each year. 2019 volunteer opportunities will begin Monday, December 2nd, and last until Saturday, December 14th! Click here for additional schedule information and/or how to participate. You are also able to SIGN UP online using THIS ONLINE FORM! This is a great opportunity for individuals, families, and organizations to get involved.
Thank you again for helping make a child’s holiday wish come true!